Guidelines on Distribution of Gifts Approved 16 December 2004 by COD, Congregational affirmation at Feb. 20th 2005 at CBTS Annual Meeting
Guidelines on Distribution of Gifts
Approved 16 December 2004 by COD
Congregational affirmation at Feb. 20th 2005 at CBTS Annual Meeting
These guidelines apply only to undesignated (no donor restrictions) gifts of $25,000 or more that have been accepted under the 2004 CBTS Gift Acceptance Policy (item 5.13) and reviewed under the 2004 CBTS Investment Policy
When a gift is received the council of deacons should consider these priorities for the distribution of funds:
1. Council consider giving a percentage to Missions that corresponds to the percentage of total Mission in the current CBTS budget. For example, if the current budget gives 16% to missions, that is the percentage that will be designated to support Missions. This need not be limited to the current CBTS budget mission designees.
2. Council consider payment toward CBTS debt reduction or elimination.
3. Council consider new or existing requests for emergency or non-programmed purposes.
4. Council consider adding to the CBTS Endowment Fund.
5. Council consider maintaining a minimum reserve fund as part of the budgetary process.
Submitted by Adhoc committee for distribution of gift monies
Adhoc Committee: Darrell Large, Miki May, Linda Hansen, Pulelehua Quirk (chair) Linda Cluney Pastor Tim
Pulelehua Quirk, Treasurer, Linda Hansen, Linda Cluney, Cindy John, Mike May, Scott Kimsey