Posted by: J Pick on Wed, Oct 15, 2008October 15th, 2008
Observations are beginning next week. This is a good time to see the class in action. Notes made during observation will be discussed at parent teacher conferences. Please see the clipboard at the parents table to sign up for a time. Parent teacher conference sign up is also available. Our class will do conferences Friday, November 7th (no school for children that day) and Monday, November 10th (school in session).
Just a few things to keep in mind for observation day:
1. Please stay within your time limit. Other parents may be waiting.
2. Upon arrival you may either observe through our one-way mirror on the door between our class and the church hall, or sit inside the classroom. Blue chairs with clipboards to write some notes will be in either area. (I strongly suggest those with children of 3 year olds observe through the mirror).
4. Most children act differently when they know parents are watching.
5. If observing inside the classroom we ask you to stay on your chair and try your best not to be a distraction. If observing through the window; please remain quiet - the children will hear you and hover around the door.
6. After your observation place your notes in the observation folder on the counter top, or bring them to Annie in the office. These notes may be discussed during our conference.
7. Please keep in mind this is the beginning of the school year. With young children every day is different. Every ten minutes is different and we are never quite sure what will develop from one minute to the next.
If was great to see so many of you at our pancake breakfast. Thanks for all your help with the book fair. Thank you for all the wonderful books our class has received.