Posted by: Garret Pick on Mon, Mar 3, 2008
recorded by Pam Park
1. Hospitality refreshments on Sunday April 20. Pam – fruit, Renee – muffins. Other donations are welcome!
2. Noisy Can offering will end Palm Sunday, March 16.
3. Adult Forum updates? Current unit is Faith.
4. Nursery Notes – Update on signs to identify location for visitors?
5. Preschool sign in/out sheets – any improvement or problems?
6. Status of Alpha program- start date? Will meet in Pastor’s office so as not to disturb placement of current Sunday School groups. We will reevaluate if attendance is large enough to make this unworkable.
7. VBS –
At least one hour per week will be spent working on sample crafts and backdrops for Bible School. The schedule is in Calvary Calls – but if anyone would like to come at a different time or day, Pam will be happy to join you!
Have ordered 9 promotional posters. Suggestions on placement? At least two on our campus, one at Holy Nativity.
Do we want to advertise this in some way at the Taste of East Oahu? Perhaps we can think of one or more items to include in the auction, mostly as a way to advertise VBS.
We will offer preschool lessons in a separate area, but the K-6graders will be in an intergenerational format. Will need to have more decorations & staff, but this should offer more security for the little ones and a more age appropriate activities for the older kids
We plan to ask for a $20 per child donation to cover the course materials, tshirt, and dinner. How will scholarships be handled? Review registration form and budget.
9 Publicity posters, reproducible music CD, outdoor banner, 40 t-shirt transfers and 100 invitation postcards have been ordered. When should the postcards be mailed? (send to Montessori school alumni, PAC kids, CBTS members who don’t attend Sunday School, others?)
Will purchase age-specific Bible Books after registration forms come in, with a slight buffer. Will set registration deadline as June 30 to allow for shipping supplies.
Will order critter sets this month to get the 10% discount. Estimate 40 sets?
We still need dedicated volunteer adults and teens for many positions.
8. Lecture series on Science and Religion – need dates on church calendar as soon as possible.
9. Thanks to Janet Pick for taking on the annual Easter Egg Hunt! Any assistance needed?
10. Other new business?
11. Next meeting Wednesday April 2 at 5pm? (note later time!!)
2008 Education Committee Calendar
Mar 3 VBS planning 5pm
5 Committee meeting 4pm
9 VBS planning 11:30am
16 Last day for Noisy Offering
19 VBS planning 7pm
23 Easter Egg Hunt 9am
27 VBS planning 4:30pm
30 Peace and Social Justice
Apr 2 Committee meeting 5pm, VBS planning included
7 VBS planning 7pm
17 VBS planning 4:30pm
20 - Hospitality Refreshments Signup Needed soon
22 VBS planning 5pm
27 VBS planning 10am, Peace and Social Justice Noon
May 7 Committee meeting? (Pam off island April 29 to June 17)
??Last day of regular Sunday School classes?
June - Resume summer Kayak class, other curriculum for younger children on Sunday mornings
19 VBS planning 4:30pm
22 VBS preparations 8:45am
25 VBS preparations 5pm
29 VBS preparations 8:45am
30 – Last day for VBS registration
July 1 VBS preparations 4:30pm
6 VBS preparations 8:45am
11 VBS setup 4:30-7pm
12 VBS setup –9am - 5pm
13 VBS setup 11:30am – 5pm
14 - 18 VBS, 5 - 8 pm
Aug 6 Committee meeting
Order fall curriculum materials
Contact teacher prospects
Sept 3 Committee meeting
7 or 14 - Rally Sunday
21 - Hospitality Refreshments
Nov - Involve Sunday School with the Kamiloiki toiletry kit project
Dec - Creche sharing, Learn about The Star?
18 - Trolley tour of Honolulu Lights