Posted by: J Pick on Wed, Jan 28, 2009January 28, 2009
A few upcoming events!
1. This Thursday, February 5th is Parents Night. There are two time slots; 4:00 - 4:45 or 4:45 - 5:30. Choose a time slot, see the sign-up sheet and then bring your child to school during this time. Your child will show you around the classoom and give you lessons on some of the activities he/she enjoys working on. This has always been one of the favorite experiences for the children and parents. Hope you can make it.
2. School will be open Feb. 12, 13 and 17th. We hope this does not cause any difficulties. We understand if previous plans have been made on these days and your child needs to miss school.
3. Valentine's Day is approaching. Each child should bring in one shoe box ASAP. The children will decorate their box at school and use it to collect valentines. Each child should also bring one valentine for each child in the class. We have 30 children. The valentines should be very simple. When a child makes cards it becomes more meaningful, even if it is just a small cut or torn piece of paper. Please DO NOT put individual names of whom the valentines will be given to. You may put your own child's name so the children know who the card is from. Valentines can be brought in anytime on or before February 13th. Shoeboxes need to be at school before Feb. 9th.
4. Thanks for your contributions through Annual Giving.
5. Taste of East Oahu is coming up. This has been a very enjoyable evening the past two years. There are many ways to offer help. Most of the help is needed just for that evening. Please see the sign-up at the parents table. Silent Auction items are welcomed, ticket purchases are also available. Miss Tricia or I would be happy to answer any questions.